- Food & Drink
- Superfoods & Supplements
- Health Equipment
- Get Fresh! Magazine
- Cleansing & Detoxification
- Magnet Therapy
- InnerTalk Mind Training
- Cleaning Products & Humidifiers
- Gift Vouchers
cabbage avocado salad with hemp and coriander
By Chad Sarno
* 6 cups finely-shredded cabbage (mix of purple and green)
* 1/4 cup red and yellow peppers, diced
* 1 1/2 avocadoes, diced
* 3 tablespoons hemp oil (or flax oil)
* 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons red onion or leek, diced
* 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
* 3 tablespoons loose coriander leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
In a mixing bowl toss all ingredients together, squeezing as you mix to 'wilt' the cabbage and cream the avocado. Serve immediately.
As a variation, add chopped fresh herbs or your choice of diced vegetables. This dish works equally well if you substitute the cabbage for kale, chard or spinach. Note: Toss right before serving to retain crispness.
This recipe appeared in the Spring 2008 issue of Get Fresh! magazine.