Please Note: Although this film focuses its attention on America the issues discussed are applicable to any modern industrialised country to some extent.
The statistics are terrifying. Two hundred million of the three million plus Americans are overweight and 100 million are obese!
- More than 75 million Americans have high blood pressure. 24 million people are diabetic.
- Heart disease remains the No.1 cause of death for men and women, followed by stroke and obesity related cancers.
- Obesity is about to overtake tobacco as the No.1 cause of preventable deaths in the United States.
- 60% of bankruptcies are caused by what has become known as “medical debt.”
- Fast food, fast medicine, fast news and fast lives have turned many Americans into a sick, uninformed, indebted, “processed” people.
'Processed People' examines these topics:
- Why are we so fat?
- What is health?
- Health care or sick care?
- Are we what we eat?
- Do we need to eat animal products?
- What' the role of exercise?
- Can you "de-process" yourself?
- What happens if we don't change?
'Processed People' features insightful interviews with nine pre-eminent health and environmental experts/advocates who discuss how and why Americans got into this mess, and what they can do to break the “processed people” cycle.
Get to know the speakers up close and personal, their background stories, who/what influenced them, and why they do what they do. The DVD contains the full Processed People documentary (40 minutes) along with 140 additional minutes of extended personal interviews with the experts. Plus you get another 25 minutes of special feature items giving you nearly 3 and a half hours of fascinating, thought provoking and shocking material. This film is truly a unique viewing experience!
Running Time: 40 minutes - plus 2 hours 45 minutes of extended interviews and bonus materials. Region Free