By Alissa Cohen
5-6 ripe bananas
1 cup macadamia nuts
1 cup cashews
1 large lemon, juiced
4 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons Bragg liquid aminos
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoons water
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1-2 tablespoons honey
For Crepe Shells
1. Place bananas in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Remove from processor and spread about 1/8 inch thick on to a Teflex sheet on top of a dehydrator screen.
3. Dehydrate for 14 hours or less. (Begin checking the bananas a few hours before to make sure they are formed, pliable, and solid in texture, but not getting crispy).
4. Remove from dehydrator and slice into strips (about 10cm x 5cm)
Place filling ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
For Strawberry Sauce
Combine strawberries and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth.
1. Place scoops of filling on to banana fruit leather strips and roll up.
2. Pour strawberry sauce over the rolled-up crepes.
Note: It's important to let the crepes sit for at least a couple of hours with the strawberry sauce on top. The sauce will soften the fruit leather and make it "crepe-like" instead of hard and chewy. These are also great the next day!
This recipe appeared in the Autumn 2007 issue of Get Fresh! magazine